The Football Academy is run in conjunction with Aston Villa FC. The two-year course aims to provide students with the opportunity to study for a nationally recognised qualification in BTEC National Diploma in Sport, there is a further option to study the BTEC Extended National Diploma in Sport which equates to 3 A Levels. Students receive expert coaching and guidance from Aston Villa football coaches throughout the programme. The Football Academy compete in British College League and the West Midlands Club, there are additional friendlies and tournaments played throughout the season.
Home fixtures and regular training will be held at both Moor Lane and The Hub training grounds based in Birmingham. Students will have direct access to the excellent state of the art sport and fitness facilities as part of their training programme. Students will also have access to regular strength and conditioning sessions in addition to personal technical skill based aims.
Students will have opportunities to obtain additional nationally recognised qualifications throughout the duration of the course:
• FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification (with the view to gain a further FA Level 2 Qualification dependant on profi ciency at a coaching level)
• Refereeing Course Level 1
• First Aid Qualification
• Experience leading a range of sports activities and festivals for Aston Manor Academy and Aston Villa FC
• Opportunities to attend WBA home football games
There are a number of pathways which students can follow upon completion of the BTEC National Diploma in Sport and involvement within the Football Academy, these include:
• Sports related degree at a university
• Direct pathway to the sports industry, range of careers including; Sports Coach, PE Teacher, Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, Leisure Centre Manager, Physiotherapist
• Full-time employment within the Sport and Leisure industry
To watch a video interview with some current Football Academy Students Click Here.